Pharaoh Robinson

Pharaoh Robinson

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Soul's Pen: Dying Glow

"From my 2nd book I am finshing: "My Soul's Pen", a non-erotic might I add, abstract perspective on life, love, culture, politicss, religion, and a Black Man in America.




DYING GLOW

I see soft baby feet
That run across my body
I feel tiny hands pat my chest
Late night sweat I can’t shake off me…

“Daddy”

I hear them whisper
First words, see them take first steps
Midnight drool from my mouth, taste of baby-spit
Sweet smell of thunder storm rain and baby powder in he midnight hour

“Mommy”

I dream of forgiveness
Wish for her breast to swell
Her body to glow, shiny bright
Deem lights, mysterious silhouettes

“We want to come home…”

Convenient deception, human contraception
Idle mouths that still move with methodic hands
Wash away the glows season to season, for random reasons
Yet, every night my children sleep with me…


© 2009 Pharaoh.Robinson. All rights reserved.

No comments: